Job Title: Library Computer Systems Administrator
Organization: DRS Networkers
Location: Fort Belvoir, Virginia,
Description: Permanent Full Time Position:
The candidate is required to have a Master of Library Science as well as computer systems experience.
The Library Computer Systems Administrator will have the following responsibilities:
• Provide systems administration for an integrated library system (ILS) (SIRSI Symphony) (including maintaining back-ups, running systems administration utilities, creating and modifying reports, customization and coding of the SIRSI interface and coordinating vendor support
• Diagnose and solve problems relating to on-line public access catalog, cataloging, circulation, serials control, acquisition, self-check interface and hardware
• Establish workflows
• Perform annual inventory utilizing ILS
• Perform upgrades of ILS software
• Customize ILS interface by performing in-house coding
• Support self-checkout equipment
• Maintain library electronic interfaces on both public website and intranet
• Update, compose and create content in electronic format assuring accuracy and proper display.
• Perform coding to create html files, create and enhance the experience of the library's digital assets and customize the library's intranet presence using SharePoint
• Work with the library's database service providers to customize their interface
• Create and maintain digital repositories
• Compile and distribute reports on the metrics/statistics for all of the library's services.
• Troubleshoot problems with staff computers and public-access workstations in library reading room
• Test new media and library applications as necessary.
• Recommend, support and customize an advanced ILS as needed
• Coordinate with staff and vendors to resolve difficulties that cannot be resolved in-house
• Develop monthly status reports
• Assist library patrons in the use of all digital resources, self-check equipment and library equipment.
• Maintain and create documentation related to all duties
The candidate must have the following experience:
• Hands-on experience administering a SIRSI or related Integrated Library System (ILS)
• Working knowledge of the UNIX operating system
• At least 4 years demonstrated experience supporting web technologies such as HTML, XML and CSS
• At least 2 years demonstrated experience creating and coding Unix shell scripts
• Ability to use Photoshop
• At least 2 years hands-on experience developing sites using SharePoint
• Ability to use the OCLC bibliographic utility and online authority files
• At least 4 years hands-on experience trouble-shooting computer hardware and networks
• At least 4 years hands-on experience creating and coding web accessible electronic interfaces for databases using advanced technologies
• Ability to support RFID
• Must stay abreast of new library focused technologies and be able to recommend and support a new ILS
• At least 4 years experience in a library setting
Masters’ Library Science, required.
When applying, please mention that you saw this ad on LISjobs.com.