Jennifer M. Smith
Anytown, Connecticut 06053
The University of Albany,
SUNY, Albany, NY, Master of Library Science, May 1998.
College, Babidean, MA, Bachelor of Arts, English, May 1996.
Anytown Public Library, Anytown, CT
Librarian, August 1998-present
- Provided reference and reader's advisory service to the public, both in
person and via telephone.
- Designed, organized, and led Internet workshops for the public and library
- Supervised and evaluated work of two library assistants.
- Led monthly book discussion groups.
- Developed web page for
Anytown Library; selected Internet resources for inclusion in online catalog.
- Selected new books, videos, and electronic resources for reference and
adult nonfiction collections.
University Library, University at Albany, Albany,
Reference Intern, January-May 1996
- Provided reference service to undergraduate student population.
- Instructed students in the use of basic reference sources, online catalog,
CD-ROM databases, and Internet searching.
- IBM and compatible PCs using Windows 95/98/NT.
- Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and FrontPage.
- Internet resources and services, including electronic mail, Netscape, and
- EBSCOhost, SIRS, InfoTrac, and Wilsondisc database products.
- Online searching of OCLC, FirstSearch, and DIALOG databases.
- Knowledge of written and spoken Spanish; reading knowledge of French.
- References available upon